Have you ever been involved in a scam?
If you can answer YES to any of the questions below, you may have been involved in fraud or could be scammed.
- Did you receive a check from a large online sale that was not certified for guaranteed funds?
- Is the amount of the check more than the items selling price?
- Did you receive the check from an overnight delivery service?
- Is the check connected to communicating with someone via email?
- Is the check drawn on an individual or business account that is different from the person buying the product?
- Have you been informed of winning the lottery from Canada, Australia, El Gordo, or El Mundo that you did not enter?
- Have you been instructed to wire, send or ship money as soon as possible to a large U.S. city or another country?
- Have you been receiving pay or commission for facilitation money transfers through your account?
- Did you respond to an email requesting you to confirm, update or provide your account information?
Contact Security State Bank as soon as possible if you think you have been involved with a scam or assume fraud on one of your accounts.